Don’t want to use your insurance?
My fee-for-service is negotiable for clients paying out of pocket.
Currently, I am a contracted provider for the following insurance plans:
- Blue Shield (except for plans that subcontract mental health to Magellan)
- California Victims of Crime Compensation Fund
- Health Net (when contracted out to MHN–see below)
- Managed Health Network (MHN)
- Medicare (sorry, no Medi-Cal)
- PPOs that allow you to see Out-of-Network providers
Am I not in Your Network?
Call your insurance company to see if you have “out of network” coverage or benefits. See below for help on this.
Other networks for which I am not a network provider but have successfully provided out-of-network services for clients include:
- Blue Cross (PPO)
Important Steps to Help You Successfully Navigate Your Health Insurance
- Before you get started, be sure to have a paper and pen ready to write down information that your insurance company’s Customer Service department provides. This will save you a headache later.
- Look on your insurance card to locate a phone number specifically for behavioral health or mental health benefits (it is often on the back of the card).
- Call that phone number or Customer Service if you do not have a specific mental health/behavioral health number listed on your card. (I suggest that you avoid locating information from a website as each plan is different and website information may be more general).
- You will be asked to provide your name and Subscriber ID (located on your insurance card). Please note: if your insurance is through your spouse or partner’s employment, then he or she is the Subscriber.
- Verify if you have an outpatient mental health benefit. It is also often referred to as “Behavioral Health”. Ask how many sesssions you are allowed each year and verify your co-pay amount.
- Ask if Kim Roser-Kedward, LCSW is a provider (“in network”) on your particular plan. If they have trouble locating me, give them my Tax ID #20-3227535.
- If I am not an “in-network” provider for your plan, then ask if you have “out of network” benefits or coverage (and find out what it is). Be sure to carefully write down the details.
- Ask if you have a deductible for your mental health (or “behavioral” health). If so, find out how much your deductible is, and has it been satisfied for the year?
- Be sure to ask about the amount of your co-pay or coinsurance payment. This is what you pay to your treatment provider at each appointment.
- Ask if a “pre-authorization” is required. If so, ask for an authorization to meet with Kim Roser-Kedward, LCSW and write down the authorization number they give you. If pre-authorization is required, I will need the authorization number before I can meet with you.
- Please feel free to phone me at 619-379-7450 with any questions or if you have any difficulties obtaining your insurance information. I will be happy to try to help you. Please leave a detailed message, as I do not answer the phone while I am in appointments with clients.