California Victims of Crime Compensation Fund

Do you know someone who is a victim of or witness to a crime?  If so, they may be suffering from Acute Stress Disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Depression or other forms of Anxiety as a result.

It is important to know that they can get help for this change in their physical or mental health as a result, even if they have no insurance or inadequate health insurance.  This is where the California Victims of Crime Compensation Fund can help.  Visit their website to find out who is eligible for assistance.  Many States have VOC programs, and a quick internet search can link you to those resources.

Not sure how to talk to a friend or family member about getting help or about their trauma?  Worried about saying the “wrong” thing or re-victimizing the victim?  Consulting a good therapist who is experienced with trauma is a great way to get support with this.  You can also find information online.

Many of the clients I see in my practice have been victims of trauma at some time in their life, and it is so rewarding to be a part of their recovery.  Reducing shame, educating about symptoms, normalizing their suffering, and building hope for their lives are all a part of that process.  To schedule an appointment or consultation, please call 619-369-7450.